The roof and facade form follows a complex curve that twists from the front to the rear, to open to the north and views, while tipping its height as the site falls, to be respectful of the neighbours and their light. Working closely with the builder and roof tiler, a full-scale mockup confirmed that Marseille terracotta tiles would neatly hug the radius while maintaining integrity as an exterior building material.
As much a wall as it is a roof. Subtle bumps and grooves create complex and textural shadows throughout the day.
- Location: Australia
- Category: New construction
- Type: Residential
- Roof tile: Flat
- Colour: Red
- Architect: Klopper & Davis Architects
- Constructor: Wandoo Building Company
- Distributor: Bristile Roofing
- Roof tiles: La Escandella
- Building Contractor: Devine Star Roofing Solutions- Brad Devine
- Photography Credits: KADA